It’s the trip of a lifetime! You have been dreaming about and planning this trip for years and this year is when you are finally making your way to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. You will get to talk to motorcycle enthusiasts from all across America and beyond, while enjoying the amazing sites of the Black Hills, participating in events such as this year’s Beard and Mustache Contest or the Extreem Flat Track, or perhaps just meander your way to the various vendors. When it comes to shopping, remember you can buy what you need for your bike there. When it comes to oils and lubrications, for example, don’t pack them with you. You can buy AMSOIL in Sturgis.
But before you load up your gear and head to Sturgis, you have to prepare and pack. So, what should you bring to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally? Here are some tips to you be prepared to handle whatever happens.
Preparing for the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally
If you are planning to ride (rather than haul) your bike to Sturgis, then you may want to think strategically as well as somewhat minimalistic. This will make it easier in the long run. Here are some things to think about:
- Boots- just because you can ride in them for extended periods doesn’t mean you can or want- to walk in them the whole time you are in Sturgis. Bring along a pair of comfortable walking shoes for visiting those amazing landmarks like Devil’s Tower National Monument, the many trails of the Black Hills or Badlands, or visiting Mount Rushmore.
- Sunscreen- It gets hot in Sturgis, and you won’t be wearing a helmet to protect you from the sun’s rays.
- Jacket- It can get cool in the evenings, so a light jacket or rain gear can be a nice addition.
- Eye protection- While it may not be required in every state of your road trip, South Dakota requires it.
- Jeans- While it can be argued that 2 pairs are plenty, having a third pair can come in handy, especially if you have to wait to do laundry because the laundry is at the hotel or the campground is especially busy.
- Tools- Be sure to pack some basic things like wrenches zip-ties, needle-nose pliers, bungee cords, and a tire repair kit.
- Paperwork- Road rules change from state to state. Be sure to have important documents such as your vehicle registration, driver’s license, motorcycle insurance card, and if crossing a border, your passport.
- Waterproof bags- These not only help you conserve space in your packing but protect the items in them from any rain.
Beyond Packing for Sturgis, Think AMSOIL in Sturgis:
These are some of the basics you will want to pack for your trip to Sturgis, but another part of planning for your road trip to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is being sure your bike is in prime running condition. Realize, before you go, you can buy AMSOIL in Sturgis, SD, directly from LifetimeOil. Before hitting the open road, take time to go over your bike inspecting for signs of potential problems. Key things to check out are-
- Master cylinder
- Oil- break and engine
And speaking of break oil, if you are looking to get the best performance from your bike then consider using a synthetic oil such as AMSOIL. As a synthetic, AMSOIL is crafted to give you a smoother riding experience and help your bike perform at its peak ability. It is available in all across the country, as well as AMSOIL in Sturgis- from Lifetime Oil. And when you talk to Mylo, your Sturgis AMSOIL dealer, be sure to ask about the types of oil available and which is suited for achieving your bike’s optimum performance.
Are you ready for your road trip to Sturgis? Sure, you are! So, check your bike, load up your gear and get ready for the vacation you have always wanted.